Monday, June 11, 2012

Highlights from my first week.


First week in Palm Springs down. This weather is definitely not for pansies! Today's expected temperature is 106. However being able to counteract it with a pool has been essential. We find ourselves saying, "Oh it's only 98 outside... too cold for swimming!"  On one hand it has been nice having this time off to just kind of relax yet, on the other hand the "relax" is covered in anxiety and stress knowing I'm currently unemployed. 

  I have loved this whole ombre nail look that is ever so trendy these day's and attempted it myself! Not exactly nailing it but kind of pretty eh? 


Palm Springs just installed this giant statue of Marilyn Monroe. It is perfect for describing Palm Springs. Completely old Hollywood. 




To escape the heat Tom and I drove up the mountain to this little town called Idyilwild. It is only about a 40 minute drive and the temperature is about 30 degrees less than Palm Springs. We ate an incredibly overpriced lunch and went for a hike around Himit Lake which was just beautiful. 





One of my favorite things about this house is the back patio. I love eating outdoors and we have been taking advantage of the outdoor table. 



And now for another week - I hope everyone has a fantastic week! 

1 comment:

Kaylie and Cody said...

So Emily recently told me you moved and I was so bummed because now I don't get to see you when I come back! We are literally across the country from each other. I am glad to see you are enjoying yourself and I was excited to see you updated your blog. Sure do miss you!