Sunday, October 19, 2008

my own project


o.k. time for some selfish ranting. This year I am in advanced painting which means that I am responsible for coming up with my own projects, which not a great thing for me. Most artist need to feel free in the creation and that it is not influenced by being told what to do. Me- I hit a brick wall when it's up to me. So this is the somewhat bull-ss theory I've come up with and I'd love to get some honest opinions. (Annette and Sharon, that would be you as you are the only ones who read this) (thanx by the way) anyways, so I got thinking, everyone can learn the skill to paint or draw realistically. What if I took myself far enough from realism so the focus is not simply on what the image is "of", yet far enough from abstraction so as not to get lost in it. Instead a goal of "color expressionism". Can I express what I see through what I feel? o.k. before I get confused and lost in what I'm saying I will sort of start over. Can this kind of image make you feel. maybe that's what I'm really trying to find in what I'm doing. Lately I have been incredibly discouraged and thus not even wanting to paint. writers block I guess. Anyways, feel free to critique away.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Well, I can't claim to know that much about art, but yes, I would say that you can express what you see through how you feel. If that makes sense. :-) Basically yes to your question.

roseofsharcon said...

First of all, that painting is amazing. Second of all, I agree with Annette. Not only do I think that it's generally possible, but I think, specifically, you can do it. (I'll give you a little Grandma talk: You can do anything! You're perfect! You're beautiful!) ;-) Anyhow, hopefully I'll have some internet access in Puerto Rico, so I can keep checking your blog, and maybe posting a few Trip updates of my own. :-)

Loves,
Shern