Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Acquainted with the Night

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain -- and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
And further still at an unearthly height,
A luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
I have been one acquainted with the night.
Robert Frost
These are my first attempts and photographing at night.




Below is my favorite shot of the night of the big dipper. 30 second exposure. (you should be able to click on it to see a larger image so you can even see the big dipper.)


Learned a lot last night. Below is a two to three minute exposure which brought the colors out great but it was a little to long. The stars had time to move so you get a little too much blur.


Here's to my new hobby. :P

5 comments:

roseofsharcon said...

Awesome pictures, Beth!

Annette said...

Fun! :)
and beautiful photos.

Kenneth said...

I may be contacting you to get prints. ;)

Kaylie and Cody said...

Bethany, you are amazing! I need you to teach me how to use my camera.

Rachel said...

LOVE the stars!!