Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Starts

Well, summer feels like it's coming to an end. I have not been keeping up with my painting like I'd hoped I would but I thought I'd just post some things I've been doing. First is the next painting in the sphere series that I just can't seem to make myself finish. I have felt very frustrated with Art this year. Every time I see a canvas an anxiety attack is sure to follow :).
It has been an emotionally difficult summer for me for some reason and well, thats that. so
first: the painting that I have been working on for about forever. Then I posted some photos of my sketch book. WARNING: Some of my sketches are of nudes so if you don't want to see that, feel free to stop :)



This was my attempt and coming up with ways to mix abstract and realism.


Which led to this quick painting study (yes I know my
anatomy is horrible but it was my fastest painting ever :))
I have always thought Pruhdon was the master at life drawings so I did these to kind of get a feel of how he lays the charcoal done ect... I just looked at his old sketches and attempted them my self :) Needless to say, I don't even compare!!

Quick gesture study the other night, so I don't forget how to draw.

Let's be honest, how many times do we miss coloring :) These are some of my laundry drawings. Meaning, while I'm bored and doing laundry I make myself somewhat of a coloring book.
Alright, thats that. I have got to stop panicking because I don't feel good enough to go to school and just do what I love, because it's what I love and I do it for me. Right?? Be prepared.. more to come :)



2 comments:

Annette said...

Sorry it's been an emotionally difficult summer for you Beth. :(
I really like the sphere paintings. The last nude one is really good too.
Now stop panicking and just do what you love! ☺

Rosaleen said...

I'm envious of your creativity. I certainly don't have the "artists eye." But I like what you come up with.

Hee, hee...should I show these to my friends here at lunch? Maybe I could incur a lecture from L.G. on the sins of nudity. :-P