Tuesday, April 10, 2012

March 24th 2012 - small adventures

Saturday was just the day I've needed to have! Tom was unable to get off work so Audrey and I got in the car and set the Navigation "TO THE OCEAN!" ( I may have even yelled that out loud.... a few times)

A few hours, a few "surprise" toll roads and a lot of horrible traffic later we arrived at Dana Point, CA. I always get the butterflies when I'm about to see the ocean after a long period of time. It's like a dreamy crush that I've never been able to get over. Most observers likely assume I suffer from some mental illness as I stand next to the ocean with a stupid grin on my face for the first 20 minutes. My crush on the ocean is rivaled only by my crush on San Fransisco's skyline as you enter the city on the Bay Bridge.

Anyways, I digress.... Dana Point: just lovely.





After spending the day at Dana Point we headed back to ride the Tram. The Tram travels to the top of the mountain that Palm Springs lays at the base of. Don't ask the name of the mountain, I won't know it. So, Trams... they are totally cool. I now am obsessed with Trams, and you should be too!

We went from a quite chilly day at the beach back to baking in Palm Springs to then head to the FREEZING top of the mountain. I was cold, hot and confused all over. Needless to say this delicious cup of coffee (with secret ingredients :)) was a perfect way to sit on top of a mountain.

Bartender to Tom: " Want whipped cream on your coffee?"
Tom: No
Bartender: "Oh, your a manly man - I don't see too many of them around here very often"

Then home for a birthday BBQ. Below are the beginnings of a fruity concoction - a Bethany creation, if you will. One that once finished was neither as beautiful as the picture below nor as tasty as I had imagined in my minds eye. I promptly gave it to Audrey and poured myself a glass of wine.

I loved this back patio. What a great place for the chillaxing.

A great, great day!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Glad you had a good time! :)