Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Family Time

My Family got together this last weekend. Because we don't get together all that often we wanted to do something special and out of the ordinary..... so we decided to have a Solar Eclipse.

 

We began the day with food (which is how all good days begin) and then went for a hike in the mountains behind Cedar City, UT. 

 

 

 
(The above photo would terrify you if you knew everyone was watching my dad skii down the mountain.) 
 
It is always neat to hike with my family - Rose explains the rocks, mom explains the plants and the boys make silly remarks about it all.

We headed to the "C" to watch the eclipse. 
 







 These pictures of Rose and my Mom are when the moon was in the center of the sun and the lighting was Amazing! Well, the moon wasn't literally in the center of the sun, that would have caused a whole set of problems. Maybe we will do that for the next family get together.


So nice to see my favorite family and the eclipse was great! I think I'll do it again sometime. 


2 comments:

Rosaleen said...

Ha, ha.....yes, please order one again soon. :-)

Rosaleen said...

Ha, ha.....yes, please order one again soon. :-)