Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cedar City Groovefest 2011

Every year in June Tim Crestinger (owner of Grooveacious) puts together the music festival Groovefest here in Cedar City. Desperately needing a day where I wasn't covered in filth and feeling like I look as though I was hit by the ugly bus, I decided to let the Tom and Alex do their thing and I spent time to do my hair. :) Silly, I know - but some days you just need to be girly and play with your hair.
One of my favorite ways to spend a lazy afternoon is in a coffee and book shop. I took myself out for a pre-Groovefest coffee and book rummage. I love to go and search the travel section for informational and inspiring guides to places I will probably never see, but dream of experiencing.

The Festival brings in musicians from all over the country and they cover most genres of music. No death metal though... (thank goodness). Of course, almost as important as the music is the food that comes in. Street venders make food that is better than anything else in town. I will admit to enjoying a Navajo taco and.... a deep fried twinky covered in fresh strawberries.


Of course no music festival would be complete without a temporary tattoo of a tiger :).

No comments: