Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Kitchen not quite finished

We have, at this point, about 80 projects going around the house. I thought I would do an update on the kitchen. We basically gutted the kitchen - tore everything out!! I of course, forgot to take before pictures of the kitchen. Mostly I forgot due to the disgusting state it was in and did not want to remember it. ;) Once again, all these are taken with phone cameras so the quality is not the best.

Below: the dining area

Below: main kitchen area... disgusting.

Below: Attempts at getting a shot of the whole kitchen.

Below: Alex and Tom redid the vents and wires.

Below: Sub floor down and beginning of tiles.
Below: The hardest working one of the bunch. Wiping a tile with a rag while they did all the light lifting and easy cutting of the tile. :)

Below: Contemplating laying tile.

Below: Attempting laying tile.

Below: We are not done with the kitchen and I apparently couldn't even be bothered to clear off the counters to take pictures, but there it is. We still have a considerable amount to do. Finish painting trim and cupboards ect..

Below: The wonderful Tile job. I just have to say that Tom and Alex did an amazing job.

It is fantastic to have freshly painted walls. It also allows me to hang pictures so it feels like a home.



Unfortunately we found there are some pipe problems so that is the next big job. Everything in this house is just so old. Apparently the pipe is rusted, clogged and leaking. Until then - no dishes, no sink and worst of all no laundry. We are all very ready to be done with this and relax with a clean and finished house.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Great pictures Beth!
I also can't wait until I sit and relax in my finished, done, clean house. ;o)

Kenneth said...

Looking much better, Beth. Let me tell you, the result feels worth the work. ;)